Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Ideas needed for my newest doll creation.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Ok I have my doll to be a 1914 Polish Jewish immigrant named Rachel. I need to find some clothes that would look appropriate. I determined that Sam's/Nellie's dresses are too short and a bit too fancy, so I'm looking at dresses more of Kirsten/Addy/Josie length. The girl will probably be Orthodox as many Jewish immigrants from that time were.

    I've been using pics of the Ellis Island dolls for ideas and to gather an overall general look. Click this link to see them:
    http://www.zionjudaica.com/itemlist.asp?catid=204

    I am already considering geting Addy's work outfit as an extra outfit for chores and such but not as her meet travel outfit. I'm also considering using Josie's 2-tone brown riding boots as they look a lot like many of the shoes the Ellis Island girls are wearing. Kirsten's 2-tone boots or any black or brown lace up boots(except Kirsten's meet boots) would work.
    So does anyone have any ideas of a dress/outfit I can use that isn't expensive? Thanks!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 07, 2006 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would get Addy's Striped dress while it is on sale for $10! It's a great deal, and an adorable outfit.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member StephanieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2006
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by StephanieS:
    How about this outfit http://cgi.ebay.com/DRESS-SCALLOP-PI...QQcmdZViewItem
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooh that's really nice and a good price too. What do others think? Should I snatch one up?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Gombe Gal:
    I would get Addy's Striped dress while it is on sale for $10! It's a great deal, and an adorable outfit.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be an idea, but she needs some outer layers too like a coat or shawl. Traveling steerage for weeks on a ship can get chilly!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hope these help;
    russiangirl1

    Ragtime20217

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A 1920's-ish Jewish immigrant is totally my fantasy historical doll (it's the story of my family). I wish AG would actually make this historical doll, wouldn't that be so cool? Well, at least I think it would. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Erin

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bump-anyone else?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The eBay dress looks neat! But I'm pretty sure I've seen that pattern before, so if you don't get it, one will probably come up again (IMO).

    How about Kirsten's winter outfit? It looks semi-European to me. Other than that, I think the best items will probably be one-of-a-kind ones. (Kirsten's dirndl is very much like an immigrant's clothes, but I don't think it would look quite right for 1914, myself. Not that I'm an expert or anything.)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member keristars's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2006
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Kirsten's School Dress would be perfect. It's a very simple cut, one that you can still find girls wearing today, with more modern embellishments or fabrics, and it's a nice, sensible red.


    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •